The excitement is building! Our first camp for the year is coming up very soon, on February 24-26. We’re heading to Bonnie Vale campground, a beautiful beach location right on Port Hacking in Royal National Park, near Bundeena. Here are the details you need to know for the camp:
- Come prepared for plenty of water activities.
- sensible swimwear (board shorts and rashie, no bikinis please)
- shoes to wear in the water (old sneakers are fine), in addition to your regular shoes
- two beach towels
- snorkelling gear
- floating pool toy (noodle, kick board, lilo), if you have one
- life jacket/vest, if you have one
- Each Pathfinder must bring their own food and cook independently. No fires are permitted, so bring food you can cook on your portable stove. If you haven’t used your stove before, practice using it at home before the camp.
- Please consult the hiking checklist for ideas on what to bring. Sleeping gear, cooking gear, food, utensils, torch, spare batteries, club t-shirts and hats, folding chair. Because this is not a hike, you can pack your stuff in a duffle bag rather than a backpack. You could bring your food in an insulated supermarket bag. Make sure everything is inside your bag(s), nothing hanging out or tied to the outside. Your folding chair, noodle and life jacket can be carried separately.
- Bring a small day pack, and your Friday dinner to eat in the car on the way to camp.
- The campsite has flushing toilets and cold showers. You may wish to bring thongs or crocs to wear in the shower.
- The campsite has dishwashing sinks, but you’ll need to bring your own scourer, detergent and tea towel.
- Please label everything with your name.
- All pathfinders will be allocated to cars and tents by the leaders. Friendship groups will be kept together where possible.
To apply for this camp, push that big orange button below. Remember that everyone who is coming to the camp (Pathfinders, parent helpers and leaders) needs to complete the application form. The deadline for applications is February 15. The application fee is $25 per person. If you have any questions, please contact Alex.
Any parents wishing to attend must contact Ollie before lodging an application. We can accommodate a limited number of parents on a first-come-first-served basis, depending upon the number of Pathfinders who apply. All parent helpers need their own sleeping and cooking gear, although the club can supply you with a tent.
Registrations for this camp have now closed.